I recently had the chance to sit down and chat with a group of Oliver customers, who asked me a great question in the course of our discussion. “I’ve seen your Facebook and Twitter icons, but why should I follow you guys? I mean, you’ll tell me everything I need to know in the newsletters, right?” Of course we’re all bombarded with information, and I know that I have personally had to filter out a lot of messages from companies, even ones I have a good relationship with, just because I’m so overwhelmed. So I totally understand that you can’t keep up with everyone. But here are five good reasons to maintain at least one point of contact online with the people you count on to keep your home running smoothly:
1) In an emergency situation, information can be distributed quickly and universally from a company’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. On Monday, I didn’t have the ability to update our main website with our emergency closure information, but was able to get a message out to our social media followers from my smartphone.
2) You have better things to do than to keep up with ever-changing regulations and technology. That’s our job, and we’re happy to do it. When something comes out that you need to know about, we will include articles in our newsletters but our Facebook and Twitter pages are where you can find links to third-party articles and information that will help you decide what’s best to do for your home.
3) You should feel comfortable with people providing service to your home. Following service providers online gives you a clearer look at who we are and why we do the things we do. For instance, have you seen our “Meet the Technicians” Facebook gallery? It’s pretty popular and we update it frequently!
4) Experts at your fingertips. If you’ve got a question, our Facebook and Twitter pages are another great resource – check out our previous posts to see if we’ve already answered it, or drop us a line and ask, we’d love to hear from you!
5) Keep up with what’s going on in the area. We are proud of being a locally owned and operated business, and with 110 vehicles on the road and employees that live in all different communities in the area, we’ve got the skinny on loads of hidden treasures.
What other reasons do you have for following (or not following) your service providers online?
Happy Friday everyone!