Help Prevent Carbon Monoxide in Your Home
One of the most important reasons to have your heating system maintained regularly is to protect against the threat of carbon monoxide in your home. A key part of a heating maintenance visit is to inspect your heat exchanger for cracks or holes. If these problems are not detected and corrected while still minor, they can become a major safety issue.
There are many different ways that carbon monoxide can be found in your house. This includes:
- Auto exhaust fumes from attached garage
- Blocked chimney opening
- Clogged chimney
- Clothes dryer
- Corroded or disconnected water heater vent pipe
- Cracked heat exchanger
Gas or woodburning fireplace
- Leaking chimney pipe or flue
- Operating barbecue grill in enclosed area such as the garage
- Portable heater
- Propane powered refrigerator
If you suspect that any of these sources might be in your home, please make sure to contact us today.