Professional Air Sealing
Benefits of our air sealing services:
- Air sealing can reduce heating & cooling costs by an average of 15 percent (based on EPA estimates).
- Your home’s air leakage can be accurately measured during our blower door test.
- Air sealing is a “once-and-done” repair.
- Improved indoor air quality.
- Oliver uses special equipment to identify even the small, less obvious leaks.
- Comprehensive inspections and Free Estimates.
Improve the comfort of your home with our air sealing services
Sealing air leaks in your home is a simple, cost-effective way to lower heating and cooling costs, increase comfort, and create a healthier indoor environment. Heat can find its way out of the home through a wide variety of gaps, cracks, and holes in all parts of the house. With our blower door test and home energy audit, we can quantify how much air is leaking out of your house and pinpoint the leaks.
From the attic to the basement, Oliver can locate and seal air leaks all throughout the home. If you’re interested in having us diagnose your home with our comprehensive home energy audit and seal air leaks to improve home comfort, call or e-mail us today!Contact Us Today For An Air Sealing Estimate
Common sources of air leakage
Air sealing targets common locations where air leaks occur in a house:
- Plumbing and wiring penetrations through floors, walls and ceilings
- Around chimney passes
- Attic access hatches, doors and drop-down stairs
- Around recessed lights and fans
- Around windows and exterior doors
- Cracks, gaps & holes in drywall or plaster
- Around electrical outlets and switches
- Sump pump holes
- Bath fans
- Leaky basement windows
- Rim joists in the basement or crawl space
Air sealing and insulation go hand-in-hand
It’s important to note that neither insulation or air sealing alone are enough to reduce heat flow. Air sealing should always be done before insulation is installed. As part of our air sealing strategy, we typically air seal the attic first since this is where the most significant leakage occurs. The basement and crawl space areas are our second priority. Air sealing these spaces eliminates a major source of air infiltration.
Fiberglass insulation is too light to stop air leakage, however, spray foam insulation can effectively reduce air leakage. Air sealing and insulation upgrades from Oliver can possibly cut your heating and cooling costs in half.
Start saving energy and money with an air-sealing upgrade
Oliver technicians can perform a second blower door test when the air sealing work is done. The lower leakage rating confirms that you have an airtight home, with enhanced energy performance, greater comfort, and lasting savings on your heating and cooling bills.
Don’t let any more of your conditioned air escape from your home! Call 1-888-810-2681 today, or request an estimate from us online for a free inspection of home insulation and an air sealing cost estimate. We also offer a comprehensive home energy audit.